Last Monday, we began to look at the signs of Jesus’ return and false prophets. As promised (a week later) we will now take a closer look at The False Prophet and The Antichrist.
Yesterday, I got stuck in my writing because I was trying to determine if the First Seal or the signing of the treaty with Israel (Daniel 9) happens first. Most theologians believe that the rider on the white horse is the Anti-Christ. Therefore, the breaking of the first seal has to happen before the Antichrist can sign the treaty with Israel. However, in most writings I found, they all say the Tribulation begins with the signing of the treaty. Hmmm….Which came first, the chicken or the egg?
Why is this important?
Well, I am trying to determine if the Antichrist (and False Prophet) can be on Earth right now if the rapture has yet to occur.
Yes, there are many antichrist spirits and false prophets alive and active now. But could the AntiChrist and the False Prophet be walking the Earth right now?
My conclusion……wait for it……..maybe.
Oh, just the answer you were looking for, right?
As to the issue above, I honestly feel like the first seal and the signing of the treaty happen simultaneously. Furthermore, I believe the four horsemen in Revelation 6 are not actual people, but are the events/tribulations yet to come.
But……let me just add that I am not convinced that the Antichrist and False Prophet are not already here laying down the ground work for their rise to power. I believe the reference in Revelation 6 could indicate their rise to power rather than their literal arrival.
Could I be wrong….you betcha…..so take what I am saying with a grain of salt and do your own study. However, even if I am wrong, it doesn’t hurt to know the signs to look for in the upcoming Antichrist and False Prophet.
Oh, I am excited! All the intros are done and we are about to get to the meat of my topic (and, yes, it is about time)!!!
Did you know that almost everything God can do or has done, Satan has a counterfeit?
God had Jesus. Satan has the Antichrist. Jesus had John the Baptist preparing His way. The Antichrist has the False Prophet preparing his way.
In order to get a clear vision of the Antichrist and False Prophet it is imperative that you read the following:
Speculation on the identity of the Antichrist has been going on for generations. Many have incorrectly applied this title to the likes of Adolf Hitler. Now while these kind of men are evil, that doesn’t necessarily make them THE ANTICHRIST. So what characteristics and/ or qualifications are needed to be the Antichrist? Well, I am glad you asked. Here is a list of what we know about the Antichrist in the simplest form possible.
- As stated previously, the Antichrist will take power after the Rapture with the signing of the peace treaty with Israel (Daniel 9);
- The Antichrist will be a great deceiver. Whether by charm, charisma, and handsome good looks or by great power and leadership skills, many will be deceived by him (2 John 1:7) .
- He will be a gentile from a mass populated gentile nation (Revelation 13:1-he will come from the sea) (Daniel 7:2-3)
- The Antichrist will rise from the Roman Empire or be able to trace his lineage back to the Old Roman Empire. (Daniel 9:26 & 27- “And after the sixty-two weeks Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself; And the people of the prince who is to come
Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary.The end of it shall be with a flood, And till the end of the war desolations are determined.
27 Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week);
- The Antichrist derives his power from Satan (Revelation 13:2);
- He will grow into power like a horn growing from an animal’s head (Daniel 7:7-8). This gives credence to my belief that the Antichrist is already here scheming his way into power.
- He will take over the revived “Roman Empire,” and destroying 3 nations of the original 10 Kingdoms. (Revelation 13, Daniel 7). Charles Swindoll : While Daniel pondered the vision of the ten future kings (Nebuchadnezzar’s dream) (Daniel 7:8), he saw something new, that a “little horn” (an eleventh king, a man) will rise up among the nations of the original ten kings. The “little horn” (the Antichrist) will subdue three of the ten kings and destroy their political power. The seven surviving kings of the original 10 nations will submit to the domination of the “little horn”. This earthly leader will then begin his role as Antichrist and world dictator. Some theorize this will be in the form of the European Union. The US could possibly be under this union at this time, which is why there is no reference to the US in the End of Times. Most speculate this would be because of our large outstanding debt to European countries.
- He will blaspheme God. First by denying God, and secondly by claiming to be God.
- He will oppress God’s people and persecute saints (Daniel 7:25; Daniel 8: 21-25);
- His name will somehow reference 666.
Yes, I know that is a very simplified list, but that is what I do.
Do we know this person? Is there anyone we would hire as the Antichrist right now?
I would love to shout OBAMA! OBAMA!
Sadly, there are a few things that hold me back on this claim, namely,his origin. Now, that being said, no one exactly knows where this man is from, so I will continue to keep an eye on him. And while he may not be THE ANTICHRIST, I do think they are both working for the same team.
Okay, let me just quickly add that I have never liked Obama. I saw through him from the beginning. I even remembered thinking, “man, is this what is going to be like when the Antichrist comes?” I couldn’t stomach the thought of so many people being taken in by this man. Now I know why. It doesn’t matter if he is the Antichrist or just an antichrist spirit. God wants us to be watchful for both.
And that leads us to the False Prophet. Once again, we are out of time and space. And once again, I apologize for being so short-sighted in the beginning. Man, I have seriously got to write a whole series before I begin posting. This flying by the seat of pants does not work so well for me.
Anyway, until next time,